Saturday, September 09, 2006

Been out due to boss' baby

Hello
I've been out because of my boss' wife giving birth but my mind has still been active.

I updated the Nike Hercules page at http://home.earthlink.net/~kturnerga/robinsnike. I am too cheap to buy a domain name so this long-drawn-out URL will have to do. Someone from the Byron Area Historical Society sent a picture of a sign that adorned the Byron Nike Hercules Base in the Sixties. The present property is now a restaurant fixture business and a pyrotechnics facility. Hopefully I can jazz up the web page to make it a showpiece but I am learning more about networking and not so much about web authoring.

The mayor of Macon wants nobody but his spokesperson, Ron Wildman, to respond to any press inquiries. Likely the public safety staff will be able to answer questions on events dealing in breaches of safety but everything else is under Mayor Ellis' lid. It's that simple: we in unincorporated Bibb must consolidate or break off ties with the City of Macon. The big fear is taking on the city's debt and having North and South Bibb become rich uncle to the rest of the county.

Now I did finally get the General Tso's brakes to behave. Or Kubia's Auto Center did. I got the rear brake shoes replaced a few months ago but the brakes were still spongy. I tried bleeding them with the 5.00 gizmo that allows one person to bleed them. I did more harm than good and there was air in the line. Next I propped the pedal with a sawn board and bled the lines in the back. I saw improved results but was not happy. The rear brakes were adjusted at Kubia's. At first the brakes would intermittently require me to hit metal to get to a complete stop at slow speeds. I tried backing up and hitting the brakes several times and voila they work fine.

The next task on the General is to change the oil and shampoo the rug on the driver's side. It still smells of manure when I first start it and the blower kicks in. I will insert some room deodorizer pads in an attempt to alleviate the smell. Should this fail I want to get a Haynes book and go further into the blower intake to make the machine smell better.

We have two window air conditioners in the living room. The big A/C (13000BTU) died so my uncle had one A/C that he didn't need. He and my sister bought another one. Each unit is 5000BTU and 8000BTU respectively. As the big A/C window unit is under warranty we will actually gain two instead of losing one A/C. I just wish that years ago the family had acquired high-velocity ducting and central air. This is if we had known that six window A/C's were to cool 1500 SQFT of space. Some of the units are unused but most tick along all the time. I may be wrong about the square feet of house; I will check with the Board of Tax Assessor's web site (so I read the headlines on Macon-Bibb's BOTA; big deal!).

I have lost a little weight just from judging by the girth I have. Some Tommy Hilfiger pants I got for a song and a dance manage to fit. My belly protrudes less. I attribute this to a small breakfast every morning and sometimes missing a meal. It wreaks havoc with my mood and my sleep cycle is going to pot. I wake up still sleepy at 9:15 and have a small snack. At 3:00 I have lunch and at 8:00 or 9:00 I take a nap. I wake up come 12:00 and shortly thereafter I will have dinner.

I am not getting richer nor am I doing a good job search to build up my piggy bank. I sleep and do a little playing and lots of housework. I want to take Brainbench's Windows 2003 Server exam (free) come October. I don't care if I am seeking a non-computer related career; I want to stay on track and do something with my life.

Dad is getting better and is doing more around the house thank goodness. His sleep cycle is slowly improving. Everyone's thoughts and prayers have been greatly appreciated.

No comments: