Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Time Stamp Song

Kenny Chesney was on my MP3 player and I heard him talk about a song which brought back a flood of memories. I had a few songs which kicked the time machine into gear. Some were oddballs. One was from the Beastie Boys. There were some cuts from Michael Jackson, Madonna, Def Leppard, Duran Duran, and The Go-Gos. I can hear songs from some more obscure artists and be reminded of the way it was. I remember some good songs from the heavy-metal artists of the late Eighties. The short answer is that there is really no single song which jars my memories.

I guess it happens when you have never fallen in love, never have many earthshaking events in your young life, and have pulled yourself into a childish kind of shell.

If I have any real ideas- and maybe some I am not embarrased to share with you- you'll be the second to know. I'll be the first to know, of course.

No comments: