Monday, October 01, 2007

Back Porch in a Month

I built a screened-in deck on a portion of the house. It seems Sam, the yellow fluffy male, doesn't do well with other cats. So to keep from having him go to the vet at 109.00 a pop for abscesses we had to do something.

I at first wanted to screen in a 4x6 stoop on the back of the den but concluded this would be tantamount to caging him. I talked my sisters into letting me put a covered and screened deck between my mom's room and the central part of the house. Sam would gain 18 square feet of space and we could sit in it despite his litter box revealing its presence. From September 1 until the 26th my sister and I worked on the porch. I am disappointed that the roof panels are off kilter yet that cannot be helped. Other than insect-proofing it I can say the facility is complete.

I might even sleep in it some night when the weather isn't nippy.

No comments: