Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Guess what!
I have officially completed coursework in Windows 2003 server. This software is a version of Windows XP on steroids for big businesses. It isn't for all businesses; ten or less need XP Professional and its backup utilities.

The first test I flunked. I made a 56. I didn't allow enough time to study between the first take and the second take. I could take it millions of times but only the second test counted. Next I resolved to do better. I also was more familiar with how to undo my mistakes on the test. I managed to make an 80, 87, 90, and a 97. I had to retake the last test and one other but I was well impressed with my results.

It means one more software title on my resume and that I will be 1/3 ready for the Microsoft exam. That exam is sort of a union card though to many employers it means it only your feet got a little wet.

Not that I 've closed the door on other professions such as journalism, logistics/defense, or health care. I am also open to anything else that piques my attention. I don't think I'd be a disk jockey especially with the corporate nature of radio but I am nuts about WABC's Saturday Night Oldies.

The WABC/SNO show is leaning heavily towards the Seventies. One person in a message board felt that Sixties music was burned out. I beg to differ. I tried cutting some voice-overs for a tape with jingles and music. I sounded horrible but largely because I was not my natural self. When the mike goes on I go wimpy.

I could use a little testosterone too. I will check into DHEA but if I am under tension I don't want to take it as it might make me demolish the store, pop my coworkers in the mouth, or smash someone's car.

Today at Wal-Mart I saw two redneck moms-possibly single- crowd my vehicle and theirs with a buggy. They didn't seem to know how to park a vehicle either. They had a Durango that was probably acquired from a used car lot or their Daddy. There but for the grace of God and high interest rates. Anyway I called one of them a stupid bitch behind her back while the windows were closed. I was trying to insult her without her hearing in but half hoping she would hear me. Then when I left one of them was waddling in the way with her buggy when she should have moved over. I blew Mr. Horn and I am sure they think I am a rotten person. Then again I am probably sending one of their butts to community college (I saw a Middle Georgia Tech tag on the Durango).

I am on a program to write down negative thoughts as I have them and more importantly try to not have them. It isn't easy when you have been programmed with negativity and talk radio doesn't help much. I keep thinking I am a better citizen by listening to Neal Boortz, Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, and watching Bill O'Reilly.

If anything is eating me it is that I have largely wasted about forty years of my life. I have less than a year before I hit 40 to get my ducks in a row.

No comments: