Saturday, June 10, 2006

General Tso gets new fan


Hello
I got the condenser fan for the Honda (General Tso). It was a used Acura fan which I had to remove from its mount and put onto the old shroud for the Honda. I installed it and works fine.

I am concerned about the brakes on the General. When I put on brakes I find they shake when doing all but sudden braking. I looked at the pads; they have 1/8 in left on them. Honda's service manual says .05 of an inch is serviceable (huh?). I priced some basic metallic pads at 20.00. Hopefully the debacle with the Corsica won't repeat itself (in which I could not get the wheel nuts off as they disintegrated when I used a non-metric wrench). I may just take it to my machinist and let him turn the rotors; they are ribbed for my displeasure. He can then do the pads. Then again 20.00 is so attractive for a car that will last a year or two.

Driving an Explorer makes for a heavy foot on the General. I wasn't doing that great with being attentive to the road so I had to hit the brakes hard at least twice. Needless to say I must be careful. I will say this; the General Tso is in for an oil change. I have the filter to do it with too.

My tooth still hurts upon waking but not to worry; Dr. Arnold the endodontist will have a whack at it come two Wednesdays from now. If he had looked at it to start with I would have had a happy tooth this January but the rear-view mirror offers the clearest view of events. I don't fault my dentist for trying but I would have given him three strikes if I weren't so nice.

I am still debating my educational options. I will likely get my Microsoft certs out of the way and learn MS Exchange Server. Of course I need to memorize my processors and sockets. Today I wasn't sure if one DDR2 stick were needed in a system.

The Letters to the Editor have come to a trickle since I've come home tired. When in good spirits I've been doing housework, chatting online, and making DVD's to play at work when time runs slowly. Tomorrow I don't expect too much slowness. I have a screen to change out for Wood Floor Man and a thorny reload that needs to go out at 2:00 for Ms. Nutty Professor. Thus I'll just bring the MP3 player.

I charged up the NiMH battery but it only lists a half-charge on the MP3's LCD. So I have another one charging; big deal. I did hear a WABC Rewound aircheck with a pretty mellow and happy 1973 song George Harrison did. It was one of those Peace and Love gooey things. The song stuck in my mind because even if he were speaking Greek the vocals and instrumentals sounded good. Agreed, George, but I'm still glad Zarqawi is room temperature.

No comments: