Saturday, July 22, 2006

Blackballed and a Clarification

Hi!
I got blackballed today!
I posted a comment on a blog about the blogger administrator's opinion on Bibb's public schools. I told him his attitude towards supporting the schools was akin to the Alan Jackson song (lyrics if nothing else), "Prop me up 'side the jukebox when I die". He was in effect propping up dead schools. I then admonished him to think of his kids rather than the institution of public education. I capped it off by referring to the "dog excrement" sending their kids to school as being the big reason Bibb schools stink.

We do have bureaucrats and top-down management wreaking havoc on our schools. Not that they were perfect. My dad used to say that any white Chevrolet truck with a work body going somewhere slowly was a Bibb BOE truck. My mom said it took two people from BOE headquarters to run around a classroom with a Flit can to kill bugs.

If I stepped on the administrator's toes I must apologize but not because I was wrong.

KAT

2 comments:

BEEBEE said...

Well you are right, Kat. The administrator says that he sent his children to public schools in Bibb County. If you are an insider, you can get your children in the advanced classes like Central (I believe that is the name) where your kids go to school with their own!

I have seen kids that go to the newest high School, which is Rutland. The girls that come to my office to sell yearbook ads act like they don't have enough sense to come in out to the rain because classes have been dumbed down so much.

These girls come in with tops that show their bellies, and I ask is this how you dress at school. I get an answer that "well we change clothes after we leave school." The parents are at work and do not know what their kids are doing, at all. But I blame the parents for allowing their girls to get their navels pierced and tatoos on their rear ends. If they were my daughters, I would jerk a knot in their tails.

I am making the sacrifice to send my son to private school and my older son graduated from private school. I did not allow my oldest son to go to school with long hair or wear shirts not tucked in, and that is how I am raising my youngest.

I wondered who got deleted at WMCC, but my next comment was allowed to stay after review. I angered the administrator by saying public schools are a failure, but it is not the teachers that are too blame. It is like you said, the top level management and marxist minded members of the Board of Education. I know I am long-winded, and too outspoken. You can delete this post if it is too controversial. LOL

BEEBEE said...

Kat,

I am sure that you can still post on WMCC. Just email the administrator. I like reading your input!