Wednesday, July 12, 2006

General Tso gets new brakes for real

07/12/06
I went to put in a new network card for a friend but the card didn't work. I had bought a card to install in her computer but I couldn't find it. I saw her new dog; it is sooo cute. It's an 8 month-old dachsund.

I went to get my hair cut and finally found a place after three tries. I cannot believe how poorly staffed some salons are! In Warner Robins I went to the second-hand office furniture store. They had some nice office chairs and a few tables but oddly enough the tables, as simple as they were, cost 99.00. I need a smaller table for the sewing room as well as a flippable ironing board.

Next I went to Home Decor. It is one of few businesses that keep the lights on at the Houston Mall. I would advise bulldozing all but the anchor stores and outparcels, putting the bricks and other items for sale on Ebay as keepsakes, and building a strip. This would entail a bit of capital though and I am sure the property makes a nice tax write-off.

At Home Decor I found $4.00 bath towels, some nice mats, and a sheet set for 13.00. I could go nuts with my money in that store. I also found old store racks and fire extinguishers from Wal-Mart. I might partake in one of the extinguishers for the house. I saw some hanging torso squares with female breasts along with some store mannequins.

I slept then changed the brake pads on the General Tso. I put a new retainer clip on the left side and compressed the piston with a C-clamp and a chisel laid flat. Even with this I had to do some tapping to slide the caliper on. I am sure a pro would not have to resort to tapping to force a caliper onto the rotor. I hate travel space and feeling a thunk when I brake slowly and hard. Possibly this is normal operation but I did see less of this happen thanks to the new pads.

I got Dad his medicine to calm him down and allow him to sleep.

No comments: